Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
THE RULES OF CONDUCT AND DECORUM FOR COUNCIL MEETING
The Rules of Conduct and Decorum for public participation during Council meetings for addressing Township Council during public hearings on ordinances or resolutions which require public hearings or during the public portion of the Council meetings are as follows:
1. All members attending Township Council Meetings must treat each other, the Mayor,Council and Township employees with respect.
2. Shouting out from the audience without being recognized to speak is strictly prohibited.
3. No person shall, at any time, engage in any personally offensive or abusive remarks to the Mayor, Council, Township employee or any other member of the public.
4. No person shall engage in any express or implied speech that involves any other person's race, color, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ethnicity.
5. The President of Council or Presiding Officer may restrict, limit or prohibit any speech,remarks or questions that are repetitive or not germane to any matter not within the jurisdiction of Township Council.
6. Persons making public comment may not yield their time to another speaker and each individual is limited to speaking once during a particular public comment period for a period of time not to exceed five (5) minutes.
7. The Chief of Police or such other member of the Police Department as he may designate, shall be designated as the Sergeant-at-Arms of the Township Council meetings. The Sergeant-at-Arms shall carry out all orders and instructions given by the Presiding Officer of the Township Council meeting for the purpose of maintaining order and decorum at the Township Council meetings and enforcing these Rules.
8. The Township Solicitor shall be the Parliamentarian.
9. Meetings shall be conducted in accordance with these Rules and Roberts Rules of Order for items not covered in these regulations.
10. Members of the public who make comments or ask questions that are germane to an ordinance or resolution that is under consideration or during the general public portion of the Council meeting for matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Township Council shall be allowed to do so in an uninterrupted manner unless the member is not adhering to these Rules of Conduct and Decorum.
11. Following the close of a particular public comment period, the Mayor, Members of Council, the Mayor and Township employees reserve the right to answer questions and respond to comments.
12. All questions and comments shall be through the Council President or Presiding Officer unless waived.
Adopted at a Regular Council Meeting on April 12, 2017. Leo F Selb Jr., RMC,Township Clerk